Assistant Manager – Residential Care
Positions Available: x1 to cover vacancy created for new service
Hours: Full time
Hourly Rate: £11.18 – £13.01 per hour, plus night support allowance £60.00
Salary: £21,517 – £25,040 plus annual performance incentive
Closing Date: 19th August 2022
For further details please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you ready to progress your career in children’s social care?
At Restorative, we have a progressive culture and an innovative approach to caring for children and young people. Now, an opportunity has arisen in our team for an experienced professional in children’s social care, who is ready to take their next step and lead others in inspiring excellence in caring for young people.
You will already have a passion for helping young people to realise their full potential and be experienced, and successful in establishing positive relationships and engagement with the young people you work with. You will have spent some time in a supervisory capacity in your previous role/s and know what it takes to lead a dynamic team of people in this enriching and demanding sector.
As an assistant manager, you will work closely with the registered manager to ensure all responsibilities of residential care are met, and the highest possible standards of care evidenced through internal quality assurance processes, in compliance with Ofsted and the local authority.
Our model of care
We follow a model of care that’s innovative within the industry; prioritising continuity of care and a strengths-based approach. It’s a model that ensures the success stories of many of the young people we work with, and improves outcomes for happier, more successful lives.
You will need to be experienced within children and young people’s social care and committed to making a positive difference to young people’s lives. Looking to progress in your career, and inspire others, you will play an important, supporting role in driving the excellence in our provision as well as be flexible in meeting the needs of this challenging and rewarding position.
- A genuine commitment to looked after children and young people, and anti-oppressive practice
- Four years residential care experience and experience of working with staff in a supervisory capacity
- NVQ / ILM Level 3 / QCF 3 in Caring for Children and Young People or equivalent or be working towards and NVQ level 4 in Management
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, including the Children Act 1989/2004 and associated guidance and regulations, Working Together to Safeguard, and Leaving Care Act (2000)
- Committed to your own professional development and learning, and that of others
- Good communication, IT, and report writing skills
You will report to the Registered Manager in your day-to-day work and receive individual mentoring and full support to help you in your role, and progress. Training, career and professional development opportunities are excellent at Restorative, within our friendly, approachable and communicative team.